Pizza! again 😂 We’ve been going pizza crazy here!
I recently shared my favourite pizza making tips so I wanted to follow up with this really fun idea and cool twist to pizza. It’s like a pizza cupcake with filling and extra frosting, cheesy frosting 🙂
These are so much fun. I actually made them a while ago but never had the chance to post them. It was a really bad weather day so you can see the sun being difficult while I was trying to show how fabulous these are 😐
These are very easy to make. You just make your pizza dough and divide it into balls. Take each ball and flatten it ito a circle then place into the cupcake tray hole. Make sure you’ve floured the tray 🙂
Press down each dough into the cavity pushing down the middle and up around the sides so you make a hole. Fill this hole with sauce and toppings and bake away!
A few tips for success:
- Don’t make each cup too thick with dough. Remember that it will rise as it bakes so it will thicken as well and you don’t want too much dough and no actual pizza.
- When you’re filling the cups, fill them generously with the sauce and fillings because as I just mentioned above, the cups will rise and thicken so if they’re not filled well then you’ll end up with just bread and not alot of pizza. I like to layer the sauce and filling so you spoon in a little sauce, then toppings and cheese, more sauce then again cheese.
- The cups don’t need a long time in the oven, just 7 – 9 minutes so don’t over bake 👍
We gotta have our pepperoni and mushrooms! 😍 corn is another family favourite.
My family and I loved these and I hope you guys do too 💛
Makes 12 – 18 depending on size
- One recipe failproof pizza dough.
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings, pepperoni, mushrooms, corn, peppers, sausages, onion etc
- Lots of cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, chedder etc
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe and set aside to rise.
- Once risen and ready, punch down and divide into small balls. Preheat oven to 200C.
- Take each ball and press into a lightly floured cupcake tray, pushing down into the hole and up around the sides.
- Spoon some pizza sauce into each hole them alternate in the toppings and cheese: add some toppings like pepperoni and mushrooms then some cheese then again sauce then cheese. Repeat until each hole is filled to the top.
- Brush the outer rims of each cup slightly with some oil and bake for 7 – 9 minutes until puffy and golden.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Recipe by the dutch baker.