These cookies have skyrocketed to the top of my favourite cookies list all the way to to number 1 yup I love these more than these beloved double chocolate fudge cookies and even more then these amaaazing Hobnob biscuits and that says alot! I’m sure the addition of peanut butter really played a factor. I mean it’s like we took these peanut butter cookies and turned them up a notch 🙂
Let’s just break these down a bit and discuss each part of their awesomeness shall we 😃
First off we start with melted butter, you know for extra chewy-ness, then comes the soft brown sugar, must use soft brown sugar for both texture and flavour. I added a bit of white sugar too because I love the flavour and I wanted some extra spreading of the cookies. We’re not making tennis balls here 😂
Next we start adding the yumminess 😄 bring on the peanut butter baby! Make sure to use chunky peanut butter! That extra crunch is soo good 😋
Fold in the dry ingredients which includes a hefty dose of oats then toss in the goodies. Lots of M&Ms and chocolate chips 😍😍
Just look how pretty!
When you come to make the cookies, you’re going to take a 1/4 cup sized scoop of dough. Yup nice big and thick cookies!
You can either leave them as balls for extra thick cookies or flatten them slightly. I suggest making one of each first to see how they bake then you can decide how to bake the rest.
Don’t forget to push some extra M&Ms on top of each cookie yeah 😊
Bake em, stack em, get a tall glass of milk and start devouring my friends 😋😋
Remember to tag me with all your dutch baker bakes @dutchbakerblog on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter 💛
Makes 12 large cookies.
- 3/4 cup (90gms) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch/cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup oats (I used quick oats)
- 1/2 cup (100gms) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter, smooth is okay too
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips (I like milk chocolate chips here) more if desired
- 1/2 cup M&Ms plus more for the tops, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 170C. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Add in the oats and whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and both sugars and whisk until combined, about a minute. Add in the egg and vanilla and whisk well.
- Whisk in the peanut butter then add in the dry mix in two additions whisking only until *just* combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Using a 1/4 cup measurement, scoop out balls of dough. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten slightly if desired. Push a few extra M&Ms and chocolate chips on top of each cookie dough.
- Bake for 11 – 12 minutes or until the bottom and sides are just lightly golden. Don’t over bake, take the cookies out even if the middle still looks undercooked. Allow cookies to cool on the tray for about 10 minutes before moving them onto a wire rack.
Cookies can be stored for up to a week in an air tight container at room temperature.
If you’d like to make the cookie dough in advance, make the dough and chill in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow to warm to room temperature before baking.
Recipe by the dutch baker.