I have never been as excited to share a recipe as I am today with these cookies, so much so that I already shared a rough version on my Facebook Page pretty much the second I bit into one! 😉 I’m not joking, these are one of THE BEST cookies I’ve ever eaten in my life!! (I say that alot haha but these are legit the best!) 😉
Soft, moist, tender, chewy, thick and absolutely BURSTING with all the perfect cookie flavours with a wonderful crunch of Snickers in each bite. I honestly can’t believe that something so incredible can even exist and I’ve already got another batch in the fridge just waiting to be baked 😉
Jumping right into the recipe part, these cookies couldn’t be easier! Starting off with a classic cookie dough base, I used softened creamed butter and sugar to get a nice and thick baked cookie. I usually like melted butter in cookies but I opted for a more classic cookie approach for these guys. Of course there is tons of soft brown sugar to account for the boost in flavour and maximum chewy-ness but I do like a little white sugar too because I like the flavour and it helps cookies spread a little while baking. I added a little bit of peanut butter to the batter too and I think that addition is what really takes these cookies all the way to the top 😉
My secret to these amazing cookies is actually something I added to the dry mix: Oats! yep just a teeny amount of instant quick cooking oats took these cookies to a whole other level. First of all it made the cookies extra chewy and secondly, although you can’t actually taste the oats, it’s not like an oatmeal cookie or anything like that, the oats somehow give an all around delicious “cookie flavour” that is just spectacular!
The rest of the ingredients and method of making the cookies is just your regular cookie dough and you can see here how wonderfully thick they bake up! I didn’t even feel the need to add a ton of Snickers bars into the batter, just 2 regular sized bars worked wonderfully to give you enough Snickers-y flavour.
Seriously have you ever seen such a PERFECT cookie! 😀 😀 I am soo in love! 😀
All that’s left to do is chill the dough for a while and then scoop nice big scoops of dough and bake away! 🙂 you guys HAVE to make these cookies right away, you really don’t know what your missing if you don’t 😉 🙂
Remember to tag me @dutchbakerblog with your pics on Instgram, Facebook or Twitter!
Ultimate Snickers Cookies
Makes 8 to 12 cookies
- 1/2 cup (100gms) softened butter
- 1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups (150gms) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 scant teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup quick cook oats
- 3 Snickers bars finely chopped
- Optional 1/4 cup each chopped peanuts and/or chopped caramel candies/chocolate covered caramel candies
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, oats and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, add sugars and whisk until paled and fluffy. Whisk in peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla whisking until combined.
- Whisk in the flour mix only until just combined, take care not to over mix. Fold in the chopped Snickers and any additional add ins until just incorporated.
- Cover dough and chill for minimum 2 hours or overnight if you can.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and allow to sit for about 20 minutes or until you can scoop balls of dough (I used 1/4 cup sized scoops). Preheat oven to 160C/325F.
- Roll dough into balls and place onto a floured baking tray or baking paper. Flatten slightly if desired and bake until puffy and just slightly golden, 8 – 11 minutes. Make sure not to over bake so cookies will be soft. Remove from oven slightly undercooked as they will continue cooking once taken out. Leave cookies on hot baking tray until slightly cooled then place on wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes before placing in an airtight container to cool completely.
Recipe by the dutch baker.