Ohh the decadence! Seriously you guys I can’t wait for you all to make these cookies they are incredible! 🙂
Suuuuuper fudgy, soft, moist, chocolate-y and with the most amazing surprise centre……….Molten Nutella!
I’m telling ya’ll it doesn’t get much better than this……..
This recipe couldn’t be easier. It has a couple extra steps because you have to freeze the Nutella before filling the cookies and the actual cookie dough needs to be chilled but other than that these cookies will be ready for devouring in no time.
Make your frozen Nutella by scooping up some Nutella then freezing it. Make your chocolate cookie dough, fill with the frozen Nutella and then freeze the stuffed cookie dough balls before baking.
Okay how many times can I say Nutella!
I like my cookies slightly on the thinner side so I did flatten them slightly but you don’t need to do that especially if you love a fat cookie.
Once you’ve done that bake the cookies and try your best not to eat them all yourself! They are so good warm out of the oven and the Nutella is all melty but even when cooled the whole cookie is like a super soft fudge ball! I love it!
I really hope you guys make these cookies soon, they’re totally worth it!
Tag me with your pics @dutchbakerblog on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter <3
Nutella Lava Chocolate Cookies
12 heaping dessert teaspoons Nutella
1 cup (125gms) + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup (30gms) cocoa powder
1/2 cup (100gms) butter
1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
1/4 cup (50gms) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Using a dessert teaspoon, spoon out heaped spoonful’s of Nutella and place onto some baking paper. Place the baking paper into the freezer and freeze until completely solid, overnight if you can.
In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Add in cocoa and whisk well. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, whisk butter for about a minute until creamy. Add in both sugars gradually while whisking. Once all the sugar has been added, set whisk on high and cream for 3 – 4 minutes until fluffy and pale in colour.
Add in egg and vanilla. Whisk well to combine.
- Stir in the dry mix in two additions using a wooden spoon. Take care not to over mix the dough.
Scoop balls of cookie dough and using your thumb make an indent/hole in the middle of each one and place one frozen Nutella ball into each. Carefully close the dough well around the frozen Nutella making sure it is completely encapsulated.
- Freeze the stuffed cookie dough balls for about an hour or until frozen.
Preheat oven to 180C/375F and bake cookies for 10 – 11 minutes, making sure to take them out slightly under baked because they will continue cooking once out of the oven. Leave cookies on baking tray for about 10 minutes then cool on wire rack.
- Recipe by the dutch baker.