Strawberries and lemons are used to make these delicious and fresh muffins. The recipe is super easy and topped with a luscious strawberry cream cheese glaze, these muffins are sure to brighten your day.
Spring time 🌹🌼🌻 I love spring, all the beautiful flowers, gorgeous sunshine and cool yet warm weather that you know just means that summer is on it’s way. Lovely longer days, lot’s of sunshine and berries of course!
I love fresh berries. Whenever my family and I used to take a trip back to Vienna, during our summer holidays, we spent most of our time outdoors. A couple of blocks outside our house there is a subway station. At this station was a family who used to grow their own berries, everything from raspberries to blueberries, cranberries and blackberries too! They used to come up to the train station every year during the summer days and sell them. Man were they good berries! You could taste how fresh and ripe they were and whenever I see a stand full of berries, this memory of these days always flickers back to my mind.
Warm days also means cold drinks, fresh fruit and lemonade. My favourite was always pink lemonade and I’m super stoked to be able to turn this flavour into a muffin AND make it delicious!
These pink lemonade muffins are just that. Perfectly spiked with lemon and strawberry, you can use any berry here, and the texture is just melt in your mouth delicious. So soft and tender, moist and fluffy too. Definitely one of my favourite muffins 😄. The recipe is also so easy to make and uses the standard muffin method.
Why you will love these muffins
- Super easy and failproof. This recipe is your typical add your dry to wet mix recipe. It calls for pantry staple ingredients and is almost impossible to mess up.
- Soft and fluffy cake. Although the muffins have a tight crumb, they are very tender and moist.
- Bursting with flavour. I used fresh strawberries in the batter and the glaze. Finely grated lemon zest brightens up the flavour for a delectable bite.
- Big and bold muffin shapes. There is a difference between cupcakes and muffins and these come with that signature tall and domed muffin top. I like the look of them without cupcake liners but you can most definitely use them if you want.
Components of these muffins
- I used lemon zest to flavour these but you can also add some lemon juice too for double lemon-ness.
- Fresh strawberry puree is used in the batter and glaze. You need to cook down the strawberries to intensify the flavour before using.
- The muffins are bound together with buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use the homemade substitute instead. Directions are in the recipe card below.
- Oil is used increase the moisture and although we do have acidic components in this recipe, I love both the flavour and texture of these muffins using only baking powder.
I finished the pink lemonade muffins off with a soft drizzle of strawberry cream cheese glaze. It’s a simple 3 ingredient glaze and really makes the strawberry flavour shine through. Although you can leave these muffins without a frosting, suggest to at least try them once with this glaze. It’s just insanely good.
A lovely blend of summery flavours to welcome the beautiful warm weather and freshen up your days 💛
Other favourite muffin recipes
- Bakery style banana muffins
- Double chocolate muffins
- Gingerbread muffins
- Chocolate banana muffins
- Bakery style chocolate chip muffins
If you make these or any of my other recipes, pls tag me @dutchbakerblog on Instagram and Facebook.