This banana bread is paired with sweet apples for a phenomenal flavour and texture! Toss in some nuts and drizzle with a glaze for the ultimate snacking cake!
I don’t usually like to say that something is the best ever because that is quite a bold statement. Let me rephrase by saying that this apple banana bread is absolutely PHENOMENAL!
If you’re a banana bread lover then you MUST make this cake. The textures and flavours are perfection. So soft and light yet slightly dense, banana-y with a sweet apple undertone taste and so easy to make!
This is truly one of my favourite banana bakes I’ve made and has easily become my go-to banana bread recipe. It is right up there with my classic banana bread loaf.
Steps to make this apple banana bread
This recipe is made using the classic muffin method by simply mixing the dry and liquids together.
- Mash the banana and shred your apple. You can use any apple that you like in this recipe. In terms of the banana, make sure it is super ripe, browned and spotted. This is crucial for the perfect texture and sweet banana flavour.
- Whisk in all the liquid ingredients, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Add in your shredded apple.
- Fold in the dry mix in two batches alternating with the Greek yoghurt.
- That’s it!
You can also use this exact recipe to make muffins. Feel free to toss in some nuts for a lovely crunch.
- If you are out of soft brown sugar, you can use all white. However, I highly recommend getting your hands on brown sugar. It really does make a world of a difference.
- Greek yoghurt can be replaced with sour cream or plain yoghurt.