If you have ever had a deliciously thick and soft sugar cookie smeared with fluffy frosting then you are going to LOVE these! 🙂
These cupcakes are not often talked about and when I was searching for a creation of one, I saw that many people hadn’t even heard of a sugar cookie cupcake.
They are just like those sugar cookies but in cupcake form. The cake is super soft and tender due to the addition of the cream and is complimented with a luscious and creamy frosting. 😉
I absolutely loved these cupcakes. They were such a pleasant surprise and I’m sure that they will be loved by anyone who makes them! 🙂 The frosting can be tinted pink for an even more sugar cookie clone and the addition of sprinkles is a must.
Sugar Cookie Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups (180gms) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon heaping salt
- 1/2 cup (100gms) butter
- 3/4 cup (200gms) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (90mls) milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (90mls) whipping cream
* Milk and cream can be replaced with 3/4 cup (180mls) half and half
Recipe can be doubled
- 3 tablespoons butter (salted or unsalted)
2 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese (Philadelphia or Kiri)
1 1/3 – 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
3 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or to taste.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In whisking bowl, whisk butter for a minute until creamy. Add in sugar about 1/4 cup at a time. Once all the sugar has been added, cream mixture for 3 – 5 minutes on medium high speed until pale and fluffy. (click here for step by step pictures).
- Add in eggs one at a time, whisking well between each addition. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cream.
- Add the flour mix and milk/cream mix (or half and half) to the creamed butter and egg in alternating batches, starting and ending with the flour mix. Whisk only until the flour mix is combined taking care not to over mix.
- Spread batter into cupcake cups and bake until cooked through.
- Cool on rack and frost.
For the frosting:
- In mixing bowl, whisk butter until slightly creamy then add in cream cheese and whisk until well combined.
- Alternate in the icing sugar and cream adding more or less icing sugar until desired consistency is reached.
- Whisk in vanilla adding more or less according to taste.
Cupcake recipe added from Creme De La Crumb.