Welcome to THE muffin recipe of this summer 😊 these muffins have totally taken over my muffin world and left me weak in the knees 😄
Soft and tender, moist and fluffy and studded with juicy chunks of peaches all throughout the muffin. Lightly spiced with cinnamon, which is wonderful with peach, and paired with brown sugar takes these muffins completely out of this world.
The muffins are topped with a super easy crumb topping, just brown and white sugar, cinnamon, flour and some melted butter. These crumbs take the muffins over the top and with a simple glaze to finish OMG!
Make sure to gently push the crumbs into the tops of the muffins so they don’t fall off as the muffins bake and rise. It may seem like too much crumb but trust me, it’s not 🙂
I actually made these muffins the night before, love havin em ready to gobble up in the morning but I did have the pleasure of eating one warm, it’s the best! So buttery and warm, perfectly spiced and crumbly, I love it!
I’m so happy with how these muffins turned out and I can’t wait for you to try them! 😄
Don’t forget to tag me #dutchbakerblog on Instagram or Twitter/Facebook so I can see your dutch baker bakes 💜 @dutchbakerblog
Peach Crumb Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins or up to 16 smaller muffins
- 5 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cups flour (42gms)
- 1/4 cup (50gms) melted butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 3/4 cups (340gms) flour*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50gms) white sugar
- 1/3 cup (65gms) melted butter
- 1/4 cup (60mls) oil
- 1 cup (250mls) buttermilk**
- 1 1/4 cups chopped peaches
- 1/2 cup (125gms) icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease and flour a muffin tray or line with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, make the crumb topping, whisk together the sugars, cinnamon, flour and salt. Pour in the melted butter and whisk with a fork until combined and crumbly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, both sugars, melted butter and oil until well combined. Add in half of the flour mix then the buttermilk then the rest of the flour mix. Whisk only until just combined. Batter will be thick. Gently fold in the peach chunks.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tray filling each one all the way to the top. Crumble the crumb topping over the muffins, pushing slightly into the tops of each. Make sure to use all of the crumbs.
- Bake for 8 minutes then lower heat to 180C, keeping the muffins inside the oven, and bake for 11 – 14 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before glazing.
To make the glaze
- Whisk ingredients together until smooth adding more or less cream as needed to make a slightly thick glaze.
- Drizzle over warm muffin tops and serve.
Store muffins in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
*If you’re using extra juicy peaches or even canned peaches, add an extra 1/4 cup flour to make sure the muffins don’t get too wet or soggy.
**To make your own buttermilk, measure 1 cup/250mls milk in a cup . Remove 1 tablespoon milk and replace with 1 tablespoon white vinegar. Stand for about 5 minutes while you prepare the batter then whisk and use as stated in the recipe. Some of this buttermilk can be substituted with peach puree, about 1/3 cup.
Recipe by the dutch baker.