Soft, fudgy & super chocolate-y cookies stuffed with melty Nutella. Make these ahead of time to enjoy a decadent treat whenever a craving hits!
Ohh the decadence! Seriously you guys, I can’t wait for you to make these Nutella chocolate cookies. They are incredible :).
Super fudgy, soft, moist and chocolate-y with the most amazing surprise centre……….Molten Nutella!
I’m telling ya’ll it doesn’t get much better than this……..
This recipe couldn’t be easier. It has a couple of extra steps because you have to freeze the Nutella before filling the cookies and the actual cookie dough needs to be chilled before you bake them. Other than that, these cookies will be ready for devouring in no time.
You start by making a batch of my favourite double chocolate cookies. I made a few small changes to the recipe just to make sure that the cookies accommodate the Nutella filling but still stay soft and fudgy. A little bit less cocoa is used because I wanted the hazelnut Nutella flavour to shine through.
Make your frozen Nutella by scooping up some Nutella then freezing it. Once you have made the chocolate cookie dough, scoop up balls of dough and fill each with a frozen ball of Nutella. Then freeze (or chill for a couple of hours in the fridge) the stuffed cookie dough balls before baking.
You can totally make these cookies using any spread you like. Biscoff or peanut butter would be magical!
Important steps to note:
- Make sure to plan ahead and freeze the spoonfuls of Nutella at least an hour before you plan to make the cookie dough.
- After you have made the chocolate cookie dough, chill the dough for about 30 minutes to make scooping and filling easier. The dough is quite soft so this step helps especially if your house is warm.
- Take care to completely encase the frozen Nutella with the cookie dough. The Nutella should be completely covered with the dough so it is not visible. Roll the dough into balls and either chill in the fridge or freeze. This allows the cookies to bake properly while still keeping their shapes.
Since these cookies are best baked chilled, you can make a batch and then just bake a few at a time. They store extremely well and don’t need to be thawed.
Feel free to add any extras to the dough too. Chocolate chips or chunks, white chocolate chips, toffee bits or even nuts would be excellent.
They are so good warm out of the oven and the Nutella is all melty but even when cooled the whole cookie is like a super soft fudge ball! I love it!
I really hope you guys make these cookies soon, they’re totally worth it!
More favourite cookies
- Double chocolate chunk cookies.
- Monster cookies.
- Oatmeal raisin cookies.
- Best chocolate chip cookies recipe.
Tag me with your pics @dutchbakerblog on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter <3