We’re still in BBQ season, spending time with family and friends, hang outs and chilling, sleeping in, staying up late, you know all those lazy, too hot to do anything times of the year. August is coming to an end but there’s still time before we say goodbye to Summer and hello to Autumn 🙂
Actually for anyone living in the middle east, this is the time when BBQs and campfires start! Cool and windy end of Summer nights, fresh breezes, just perfect for being outdoors.
What’s even more perfect are these cookies!
Chewy, chocolatey, marshmallowy and outright scrumptious biscuity s’mores flavours! Okay Im pretty sure that sentence didn’t make sense, not even sure it’s a proper sentence, but the point is that these cookies are insane!
Even if you don’t like s’mores, haven’t met that person yet, you will love these cookies!
This recipe is your typical, easy cookie base recipe topped with an extra chunk of chocolate that melts just right to give that delicious smooth chocolate texture.
The underlying biscuit flavour is super delicious, I used Digestives in these since those are my favourite, and it was a great choice.
I really loved these cookies, I know I’m going to be making them time and time again all year round!
Make sure you use those campfire marshmallows so that they melt properly and pair perfectly with the melty chocolate.
1/2 cup + 1 (112gms) tablespoon butter
1/3 cup (65gms) white sugar
1/2 cup (100gms) light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon honey
1 1/4 cups (150gms) all purpose flour
1 cup (125gms) crushed biscuits (Digestives, graham crackers etc)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cinnamon (about 1/8 teaspoon, can be omitted)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows (the campfire kind is best)
2 Hersheys or Galaxy chocolate bars
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, crushed biscuits, salt and cinnamon, if using, in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter for about a minute then gradually add in both sugars and whisk until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla and honey. Whisk until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour/biscuit mix until combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. These cookies can be baked right away but i like to cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for minimum 2 hours. The longer the dough is chilled, the better the cookies taste and it will prevent the cookies from spreading resulting in a more chewy texture.
- Line a baking tray with a cookie sheet. Roll dough into balls and place a few inches apart on the tray. Press a piece of chocolate on top of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake in a preheated 170°C oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure not to overbake, even taking them out under baked is better since they will harden as they cool.
- Serve warm or cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Recipe adapted from Cleobuttera.