I probably should clarify that this is my favourite FROSTING of all time 😁😁 let alone peanut butter frosting!
I’ve actually never met a peanut butter frosting I didn’t like but I tend to make this one most often so I figured heyy I must really love this one 😄
As you can see, I like my peanut butter frostings chunky, just like with these chocolate fudge cupcakes or these peanut butter and jam ones, so I use chunky peanut butter. Obviously you can use smooth/creamy peanut butter which is just as delicious 🙂
I love that this recipe doesn’t use a ton of ingredients and is packed full of scrumptious peanut butter flavour without being over peanut buttery. Pheww how many times can you say peanut butter in one sentence! 😂
The best thing about this frosting is that it goes with EVERYTHING and I mean everything. Chocolate cakes, peanut butter, vanilla, banana etc you name it you can slather it on top 😊
Basically that means go make this frosting right now even if it’s just to eat with a spoon 😉
Peanut Butter Frosting
Makes enough to frost 12 cupcakes or a single layer cake.
- 1/4 cup (50gms) softened butter
- 3/4 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (125gms) icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and peanut butter until combined.
- Add in icing sugar and whisk well.
- Pour in milk adding more or less until desired consistancy is reached. Add in vanilla to taste.