Peanut butter is one of those foods that is so comforting, its like a big warm hug. Infusing peanut butter into cookies is like a whole new dimension of deliciousness. The flavour somehow softens and intensifies in the best way. Paired with brown sugar and butter, you have a killer combination!
I’ve already shared plenty of scrumptious peanut butter cookies including my favourite M&M Monster cookies but these right here are my new obsession. They’re super soft, moist and tender with the perfect amount of peanut butter flavour.
Plus those natural crinkles on top is very appealing aesthetically wouldn’t you say 😉
These cookies are so easy to make, your typical cookie dough making method but there are a few tips I would like to recommend to get that all around best flavour and texture.
First off, these cookies use all brown sugar. Please make sure you are using the soft kind, either light or dark is fine as long as its soft.
Secondly, please use a good quality peanut butter brand. Natural peanut butter won’t work the same way as the cookies bake. That being said, the addition of vanilla extract is vital in my opinion as I feel it adds a wonderful undertone to the peanut butter flavour.
And finally, I tried baking a batch without refrigerating the cookie dough and although it does work, I found that the cookies baked thicker, softer and had those beautiful cracks on top when I chilled the dough for about 2 hours. I highly recommend doing this step.
I’m super proud of this recipe. It took me a few times to get it right but the final result is perfection 😀 I’m so happy to share the recipe with you guys, I hope you enjoy!
Other peanut butter recipe favourites:
- Classic peanut butter cookies
- Monster cookies
- Oreo chocolate peanut butter cupcakes
- Favourite peanut butter frosting
- Peanut butter & jam/jelly cupcakes
- Banana apple peanut butter cupcakes
- Best peanut butter layer cake
- Snickers cookies
- Chocolate peanut butter layer cake
Tag me @dutchbakerblog with your pics on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter 💜
Soft Baked Brown Sugar Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 12 to 14 cookies.
- 1 cup (150 gms) + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100 gms) softened butter
- 3/4 cup (150 gms) soft light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (120gms) creamy or chunky peanut butter*
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips/chunks, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, cinnamon chips or nuts
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, add the brown sugar and whisk until paled and fluffy. Whisk in peanut butter until smooth and combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla whisking until combined.
- Whisk in the flour mix only until just combined, take care not to over mix. Fold in any chocolate chips or nuts if using.
- Cover dough and chill for minimum 2 hours or overnight if you can.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and allow to sit for about 20 minutes or until you can scoop balls of dough. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Roll dough into balls and place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake until puffy and just slightly golden, 11 – 12 minutes. Make sure not to over bake so cookies will be soft. Remove from oven slightly undercooked as they will continue cooking once taken out. Leave cookies on hot baking tray until slightly cooled then place on wire rack to cool for about 5 minutes before placing in an airtight container to cool completely.
Recipe by the dutch baker.