I think that Snickers are one of the most, if not the most, popular chocolate bars out there. They’re even more popular to bake and decorate with! I mean I’ve seen them everywhere from cakes and cupcakes to dips and cookies, salads and pies, the list is endless ☺
It’s really no surprise though, they are just deliciously nutty and caramely, perfect for baking and concocting different recipes to use them with. I’ve even got tons more recipes myself using Snickers as well as other favourite and popular chocolate candy bars.
These are one of the best treats I’ve baked! My family went nuts (no pun intended) over them, actually stopping to comment between mouth fulls!
They are chocolatey, spot on with Snickers flavour and dripping with delicious caramel sauce.
I used a really good and simple cocoa brownie recipe, one of my favourites actually. It uses only cocoa powder and can be made with just one bowl. So simple I love it!
I used a microwave for the first step but you can use a sauce pan on the stove.
You could use any brownie recipe for these if you have your own favourite, just chop up some Snickers bars, add them to the batter, frost and drizzle with caramel.
I absolutely love this brownie frosting! It is by far the most delicious topping for brownies. The addition of the honey just takes the entire thing to the next level! I urge all you brownie lovers to try it 🙂
These brownies are a super easy dessert that will surely become a family favourite.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date and hashtag me with your posts #dutchbakerblog
Snickers Brownies With Extra Caramel
9 – 12servings
150 gms butter
1/2 cup (100gms) soft brown sugar
1/2 cup (100gms) white sugar
3/4 cup (72gms) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup (62gms) flour
Pinch of baking soda, about 1/8 teaspoon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped Snickers bars (more if desired)
Chopped Snickers bars for topping, about 1/2 cup (more if desired).
- Store bought or homemade caramel
- Grease and flour or line with a baking sheet an 8 x 8 inch square tin. Combine butter and sugars in a small saucepan and stir until the butter has melted (about 1 minute). Take off heat and whisk until combined. A microwave can be used instead. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- To the cooled butter/sugar mix, whisk in the cocoa powder and whisk smooth. Add in the eggs one at a time then the vanilla.
- Add in the flour mix and whisk until just combined, taking care not to over mix. Fold in the Snickers pieces.
- Spread batter into tin, sprinkle some more chopped Snickers on top of the batter and bake at 160°C for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick pushed into the outer sides of the brownie (not the middle) comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool slightly before frosting and serve warm.
- For the frosting
- Whisk butter and cocoa powder. Add in icing sugar and milk.
- Add in vanilla and salt to taste. Whisk in more milk if frosting is too thick.
- Spread over slightly cooled brownies. Once brownies are cooled and frosted, sprinkle some chopped Snickers bars on top of the frosting before it sets completely, then drizzle with caramel. Serve warm or cold.
So tempting and delicious, snickers are my favorite candy bar. Oh my those look good.
These really are a treat! Snickers are one of my favourite chocolate bars too and I love using them like this in brownies 🙂 thank you for the lovely comment! Xx
Yum! Guaranteed to put people in a joyous mood!
Thank you! 🙂 these brownies are a real crowd pleaser 😉 so rich and fudgey! I appreciate the kind comment, thanks for stopping by 🙂 God bless xx
These look so good!
Thank you! 🙂 one of my favourite brownie batters 😉 😉
Snickers, brownies and extra caramel….triple rich and delicious!
Super delicious and a true crowd pleaser! It has everything 😉 thank you for the lovely comment Angie 🙂 this truly is one of the best brownies ever and so easy to make! Xx
Wow! Those look amazing. I want to pluck them right out of the computer!
Thank you! These really are super delicious! 🙂 thanks for your lovely comment xx God bless 🙂
Linda, I LOVE brownies…Guess who is making brownies tomorrow 🙂
Hii Lynne 🙂 I love brownies too and I know you will love these! They are super rich and absolutely decadent especially when you use 3/4 cup cocoa powder which is what I always do 🙂 hope you enjoy them, let me know how they turn out and thanks for the lovely comment xx
Snickers are my favourate. These are a perfect treat of the day!! Thanks for this share Linda.
Snickers are one of the best and they’re even better to bake with! Im glad you like it, these brownies are delicious! 🙂 God bless 🙂
Good Golly! 😳 These brownies are heaven on a plate. 🍫❤️